Programme Associate – DRI Berlin
Form of employment: full-time
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: 1 year
Location: Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, non-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters is located in Berlin (HQ), DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries.
DRI is currently recruiting a Programme Associate for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s Programme Unit (PU). As the Programme Associate, you will support the PU in the areas of project management/administration, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and gender mainstreaming, research and communications, with a particular focus on DRI’s programming in the MENA and Asia region.
Project administration and support to management
- Support the effective co-ordination of DRI projects throughout the project management cycle, with project teams and partners;
- Assist in preparing administrative documents for fundraising activities;
- Support in the recruitment/procurement and management of international experts including travel logistics;
- Support the organisation and its implementation of expert missions as well as workshops and DRI events in Berlin or in-country;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Support regular internal and donor reporting;
- Support DRI’s HQ MEL and Gender Focal points;
- Support the preparation of inputs to planning, formulation and implementation of DRI’s programming in the MENA and Asia region
- Other relevant duties as required;
Communications and Research
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories and newsletter articles;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Assist in drafting and editing reports and briefing papers and translating documents;
- Conduct research for project development: possible project countries, themes and funding schemes. Monitors calls for proposals;
- Conduct research on current and political affairs with a particular focus on elections, constitutions and democratisation issues;
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field;
- Previous relevant professional experience;
- Experience in research, communications and social media, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning tasks, and gender mainstreaming is desirable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- German, French, and/or Arabic language skills are an asset;
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress) and online servers/databases such as Sharepoint is an asset;
- Ability to be flexible, well-organized and self-sufficient
The position is full time.
We offer you:
- A self-reliant and challenging assignment in an international, non-profit organisation;
- A professional work-environment with flat hierarchies and short decision paths;
- Collaboration with a highly motivated, international and dedicated team;
- A full-time position initially limited to one year in Berlin-Kreuzberg;
- Training opportunities;
- Flexible working hours;
- 30 days of annual vacation.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV and relevant certificates) to [email protected]. Please include “Programme Associate [your name]” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 23:59 (CEST) 16 July 2019. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged. As long as you find the vacancy on our website we have not filled the position.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10