Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Two years, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Programme Finance Coordinator for its Headquarters in Berlin. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Director of Finance, you will work in close collaboration with finance staff in the country offices and the Programme Unit team in HQ to deliver financial information to DRI and/or donors. You will be part of the Project Finance Team, which provides day-to-day financial support and advice to DRI’s country offices and within HQ.
- First contact point within HQ for all financial issues for the assigned projects;
- Responsible for direct finance management of the assigned projects in close collaboration with Finance Managers of the country offices and Programme Coordinators of HQ;
- Budget drafting during proposal phase;
- Preparation of the budget follow-up, forecast and cash flow;
- Request for payments/Invoices;
- Budget addenda;
- Preparation of expenditure verifications/audits, interim and final reporting to donors;
- Check the asset management documentation;
- Management of partners and subgrantees;
- Communication with the finance staff in the country office and the Programme Unit team, the donor and/or consortium leaders and partners regarding financial issues;
- Ensure compliance with DRI’s policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations and communicate relevant changes to the country offices and within HQ;
- Support the country offices with set-up, internal management, closure regarding financial and administrative issues;
- Support in recruitment and induction of new finance team members in country offices;
- Act as focal point on technical and thematic issues as assigned;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in an appropriate subject (business, finance, economics, or accounting);
- Minimum 4 years of financial and/or accounting, auditing experience within the NGO sector;
- Experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff; sensitive to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures; strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge and build capacities of teams in country office;
- Advanced IT skills, in-depth knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel; Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of additional languages (German, French or Arabic) are an advantage.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, a contribution to public transport (company ticket with BVG), a health ticket (Gesundheitsticket Plus) to be applied towards health and wellness activities of your choosing, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 03 January 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy: