Form of Employment: Short-term Consultancy
Starting Date: 21 May 2018
Duration: 3 months
Location: Tunis, Tunisia and deskwork
DRI has been supporting the Tunisian democratic transition process since February 2011, contributing, among other things, to the process of drafting the Tunisian Constitution and its implementations. Currently DRI works in the areas of decentralization, elections, reforms of the justice, independent institutional and support to other legal reforms. In the course of its work DRI engages with state institutions, civil society, academia and journalists.
As at present there is a gap in fulfilling duties of the Tunisian Programme Officer based normally at the HQ office in Berlin, DRI is looking for candidates to provide temporary support to the mission in Tunisia during the period until mid-August 2018.
The project therefore requires the services of an experienced programme management advisor to support the Tunisian country office in programme design, development and management during this interim report. The assignment will start 21 May 2018 and be completed latest by 12 August 2018.
Your duties and responsibilities:
In close coordination with the Programme Director and the Country Representative of DRI Tunisia, you will support the country office in running the current programme and the design and planning of a new project for 2018-2020. This will include:
- Provide an on-going support in preparation of documents and reports under the current project;
- Contribute to background research and stakeholder consultation on future priority areas for DRI in Tunisia, particularly in the areas of decentralization/local democracy, civil society development, elections and rule of law reforms and support to developing of the state institution;
- Contribute to drafting of a project proposal for a new project phase to be submitted to the German Federal Foreign Office, including the development and refinement of a project’s context analysis, Theory of Change, logframe, indicators, stakeholder analysis, risk analysis, staff roles descriptions, workplan and other components.
- Ensure quality of the produced documents, proposal through following pre-agreed with the DRI approach, logic of intervention, intervention areas as well as proposal-writing quality standards including readable and clear language, consistency as well as maintaining database of the project proposal support and reference materials.
- The Programme Management Advisor may support the country office with other tasks, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in law, political sciences, or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of work experience with non-governmental organisations in the field of democracy assistance;
- At least 3 years of experience in programme management with a particular focus on reporting and proposal development;
- Familiarity with the MENA region is a strong asset;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Excellent command in written and spoken English is a requirement.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Programme Management Advisor (Tunisia)” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
Please note: in order to be considered for this position, you need to reside in Tunis, Tunisia.
Closing date for applications: 21 May 2018. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.