DRI is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s Programme Unit (PU). Specifically, you will support the PU’s GSP+ Global programme in the areas of communications, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting. More information on the programme can be found here: https://democracy-reporting.org/de/country/gsp/
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories and newsletter articles;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Support the organisation and its implementation of staff missions and events in Berlin or in-country;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Provide support to project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tasks;
- Occasionally conduct research on current and political affairs in programme countries;
- Assist in drafting and editing reports and briefing papers and translating documents;
- Other relevant duties as required.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Previous office experience;
- Experience in communications and social media is desirable;
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning tasks is desirable;
- Experience in fundraising for EU service contracts is highly desirable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Spanish, German, and/or Portuguese language skills are an asset;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress) is preferred;
- Experience in project cycle management and research is an asset;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
What we offer
- The internship is full time, starting 2 March 2020 for a duration of three months.
- A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive funding from any other source, such as from Erasmus.
- DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application here, including cover letter and CV. The deadline for applications is 23:59 CET, on 16 February 2020.