Programme Unit Internship
Duration: three months, starting 15 April 2019, or as soon as possible
Location: Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s Programme Unit (PU). You will support the PU in the areas of fundraising, communications, project management/administration, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories and newsletter articles;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Assist in drafting and editing reports and briefing papers and translating documents;
- Assist in preparing administrative documents for fundraising activities;
- Support in the recruitment and management of international experts including travel logistics;
- Support the organisation and its implementation of expert missions as well as workshops and DRI events in Berlin or in-country;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Occasionally conduct research on current and political affairs in programme countries;
- Provide support to project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tasks;
- Other relevant duties as required;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Previous office experience;
- Experience in communications and social media is desirable;
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning tasks is desirable;
- Experience in fundraising for EU service contracts is highly desirable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Spanish, German, French, and/or Portuguese language skills are an asset;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress) is preferred;
- Experience in project cycle management and research is an asset;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
The internship is full time, preferably starting 15 April 2019 for a duration of three months.
A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive funding from any other source, such as from Erasmus.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and working in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]. Please include “PU Intern April 2019 [your name]” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 (CEST) on 8 April 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10