Starting Date: November 2020
Duration: 14 months (Nov 2020 -Dec 2021), with the possibility of extension
Location: Kyiv, UkraineDemocracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.DRI has supported Ukraine’s democratic transformation since 2014 through an office in Kyiv. Our focus has been on political education, youth participation as well as on awareness-raising on constitutional/judicial reforms, decentralisation and democracy and rule of law issues.
In 2020-2021, DRI aims to carry on this work through a dedicated project focused on youth engagement, CSO capacity building in the (south) east of Ukraine, and rule of law issues concerning the post -COVID-19 environment.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Assistant to support the team in the areas of project management and administration; as well as research and communications.
The Project Assistant will have the following tasks:
Project administration and support to management
- Support the effective implementation of DRI activities throughout the project management cycle, together with the project team and external partners;
- Assist in preparing administrative documents for fundraising activities;
- Support in the recruitment/procurement and management of national experts, including travel logistics;
- Support the organisation and its implementation of DRI events in Ukraine; assist in event management tasks;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Support regular internal and donor reporting;
- Support DRI’s Berlin monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and Gender Focal points;
- Support the preparation of inputs to planning, formulation and implementation of DRI’s programming in Ukraine.
Communications and Research
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories and newsletter articles;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Conduct research for project development: possible themes and funding schemes. Monitor calls for proposals;
- Conduct research on current and political affairs with a particular focus on civil society, youth participation, elections, constitutions and overall democratisation issues;
- Other relevant duties as required.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field;
- 2 years of previous relevant professional experience;
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Proactive attitude, and attention to detail;
- Ability to be flexible and well-organized;
- Fluency in Ukrainian.
- Advanced written and spoken English and Russian;
- Prior experience in research, communications/ social media, MEL and gender mainstreaming tasks;
- Experience working with online servers/databases such as Sharepoint is an asset.
What we offer
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 27 October 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (except extremism), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany