Position Title: Project & Digital Media Assistant
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: July 2020, subject to external funding
Duration: Until 31 December 2021
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Closing date for applications: 17 June 2020, 15:00 local time (Beirut)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI is headquartered in Berlin and has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in several other countries.
Since 2016 DRI has been raising awareness and advocating for evidence-based policies that foster good local governance and participatory democracy in Lebanon. The basis for our actions is explained in our publications. DRI has been working with Lebanese civil society organisations and public officials to promote a public debate on local governance and support decentralisation reform. We also support local governance actors and authorities to strengthen their performance in key governance and service delivery areas and promote effective cooperation between national, regional, and local government.
Under the overall supervision of DRI Lebanon’s Country Representative and in close coordination with the Communications Officer and other members of the team, you will:
- Support the implementation and further development of DRI’s communications, strategy and tools, including DRI’s social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube);
- Support DRI’s reporting on activities and knowledge products in the form of news and feature stories;
- Support the development of media relations (writing press materials and kits, drafting and editing comment pieces, in English and Arabic; developing and maintaining contacts with Lebanon-based and regional media professionals);
- Develop visual materials, including infographics and videos as well as co-draft and edit scripts for videos (animation videos, short documentary films), animations and visualisations (graphs, icons, charts etc.);
- Support the Programme Unit in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of project activities including support to agenda, invitation letters, participant lists, evaluation materials, and general administrative tasks;
- Support quality control, including copywriting and proofreading of print and online outputs;
- Support the knowledge management of DRI’s media outputs for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) purposes, e.g. success stories, photos, videos, events, press releases, updated stakeholders list, DRI mailing list.
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree in communications, media studies, digital marketing, graphic design, or related field;
- 1–2 years of experience in digital communications, copywriting and editing, and ability to write engaging media content for a variety of audiences;
- Proficiency in visual design, video production, website and social media platforms management, particularly using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Web and graphics design (such as Photoshop and illustrator), in addition to editing videos using Premiere Pro;
- Knowledge of governance, democracy standards and international human rights conventions is a strong asset;
- Creativity and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is a plus.
What We Offer
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, training opportunities, contribution to private health insurance, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in Beirut, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
Closing date for applications is 17 June 2020, 15:00 local time (Beirut). The position may be filled before the deadline, so early applications are encouraged. This position is subject to external funding.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10