Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Location: Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Finance Officer for its Headquarters in Berlin. In close collaboration with the Programme Officers and according to the current DRI division of tasks between the Programme Unit and the Finance and Administration Unit, the incumbent will oversee all financial aspects of project management for the projects assigned, in accordance with the project proposal(s)/contract, the donor requirements and conditions and DRI policy and procedures, in particular budget planning and monitoring, projection of expenses, in compliance with project documents and the fulfilment of financial reporting requirements. The incumbent will also ensure close co-ordination and regular and effective communication between the country office finance teams and/or DRI third party funding partners and DRI headquarters Finance and Administration Unit.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Programme Unit for budget preparation and monitoring of expenditure, including the preparation of internal financial reports;
- Closely collaborate with the Programme Officers when preparing financial reports and audits for submission to the funding partners;
- Proactively identify areas of potential financial risk and propose solutions;
- Ensure compliance of project budgeting and financial reporting with funding partner’s contracts and regulations;
- Prepare and carry out financial evaluation of tenders and contracts;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of appropriate finance systems;
- Ensure regular communication with the Finance Officers in DRI’s country offices and/or DRI third-party funding partners and provide guidance and support where required;
- Communicate with donors regarding financial issues;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration or relevant discipline;
- Minimum two years of experience in administration and financial management; with demonstrated experience (at least one year) of working in a similar role for not-for-profit organisations;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- German, French and/or Arabic are an asset;
- Ability to analyse information from different sources and synthesise this information into coherent and brief reports;
- Sound knowledge of financial management principles, in particular with regard to project management and allocation of resources;
- Strong time management skills and capability to meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent IT-skills, including proficient knowledge of Excel;
- Self-motivation and good communication skills are a strong asset for this position.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Finance Officer HQ” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 13 December 2018 (midnight). The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged. As long as you find the vacancy on our website we have not filled the position.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10