Project: Strengthening Political Pluralism in Georgia – Phase II
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Duration: October – December 2017
Together with the Georgian Young Lawyers Association (GYLA), DRI is implementing a 10-month project, “Strengthening Political Pluralism in Georgia – Phase II”. The aim of the project is to contribute to strengthening of political pluralism in Georgia by fostering an impartial, inclusive and facts-based debate on the problem of political polarisation.
In the framework of the project, DRI and GYLA organised a communicathon, inviting students, activists and young professionals to develop social media campaigns to communicate about the negative impacts of the extreme political polarisation. As a result, three campaigns were selected for implementation, requiring marketing and communications support.
Besides the communicathon follow-up campaigns, DRI is planning to publish a report on the topic of extreme political polarisation in Georgia, followed by communications campaigns/materials highlighting its findings.
Objective of this assignment
DRI is seeking an experienced communications company/firm/team of expert(s) to support DRI’s team in Berlin and Tbilisi in designing and implementing a communications campaign, which will include all the above-mentioned elements and will help raise awareness about the issue of political polarisation and its negative impacts.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the DRI Project Coordinator/Political Advisor and DRI HQ, the winning company will be tasked with the following deliverables:
- Propose a communications strategy and a plan for publicising and promoting the above content in the period October to December 2017;
- Advise on communications channels for promoting the above content and support in managing social media accounts and creating messages and social media content in Georgian and English;
- Mentor the teams that are implementing the campaigns and support their projects from PR and marketing point of view;
- Together with DRI, implement the communication plan;
- Act as a focal point for communications activities of DRI in Georgia in the period October to December 2017.
- Proven experience in developing communication campaigns
- Proven experience in public relations and social media
- Experience in political communications is a strong asset
The services must be provided in Tbilisi, Georgia. This assignment will start as of 16 October until 31 December.
The proposal must be submitted by 13 October 2017, 18:00 local time (midnight CET), via email to [email protected] , with the subject line “Communications Consultancy – Georgia”.
Please submit in one PDF file:
- A Cover Letter;
- Evidence of former experience of your organisation/firm/team of experts in providing communication consultancy;
- References of prior completed projects/deliverables;
- A breakdown of proposed working days and fees.
The successful applicant will be informed in writing that its proposal has been accepted.
The submission for this RFQ document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise. DRI may cancel the RFQ, any time, without assigning any reason.
Early applications are encouraged. Recruitment may close before the deadline if an applicant is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.