Position: IT Consultant
Project: Going Beyond Kyiv: Empowering Regional Actors of Change to Contribute to Key Political Reforms – Phase II
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Duration: From August 2018 onwards
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
Objective of this assignment:
For the implementation of its project in Ukraine DRI has a country office located in Kyiv which requires support from an IT consultant to ensure the smooth functioning of the office from a technical perspective.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with DRI to determine requirements for needed technical equipment, including software, hardware, and network requirements;
- Analyse IT requirements within organisation and give independent and objective advice on the use of IT;
- Purchase software and hardware systems where appropriate;
- Design, test, install, and monitor new systems;
- Analyse potential issues and present solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a subject related to computers, information technology, or business, comparable degree, or certification of relevant technical skills;
- Proven experience working as an IT consultant or related position, preferably within the non-profit area as well as in the international context;
The proposal must be submitted by 30 July 2018 (midnight), via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IT Consultant – Ukraine Office.” The position may be filled before the end of the deadline, so early applications are encouraged.
Your proposal should include the following documents:
- A short cover letter highlighting relevant experience;
- Your CV;
- 3 references;
- A financial proposal, including the daily fee.
Please compile all the above documents in one PDF file and in your cover letter refer to the source in which you have found this opportunity.
The successful tenderer will be informed in writing that their proposal has been accepted.
The submission for this tender document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise. DRI may cancel the tender, any time, without assigning any reason.
Early applications are encouraged as candidates may be invited to interview before the deadline. Recruitment may close before the deadline if an applicant is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.