Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3 months
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters is located in Berlin (HQ); DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.
DRI is currently recruiting Research Intern (m/f/d) for its Berlin headquarters to support the implementation of the re:constitution programme, which deals with the rule of law in EU Member States. The successful candidate will work on research, writing and supporting project implementation under the supervision of the Programme Manager or their assigned representative and in close collaboration with the programme team.
- Track current developments on the rule of law in the EU;
- Keep abreast of latest research and events on the topic;
- Draft articles, reports and other output for a broad public;
- Contribute to drafting academic output: articles, book chapters;
- Contribute to the development of a map of the state of judiciary in the EU.
- Assist in organising events in Berlin, Brussels and other locations;
- Identify speakers, experts and stakeholders;
- Support project communication, notably with the project partner and donor;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in law, political sciences or related fields;
- Interest in the rule of law, constitutional law, EU law and related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of other EU languages is a distinct asset;
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Student/PhD candidate status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
What We Offer:
- DRI offers you a full-time internship, starting August 2020 for a duration of three months.
- A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive funding from any other source, such as from Erasmus.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application, including cover letter, CV, and one writing sample (published or submitted: article, blog post, op-ed, thesis chapter, etc.) related to the internship’s focus areas here.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 CET, on 02 August 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline. Early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany