(RFP # DRI-LEB-2017)
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Production of Informative Animated Videos on Decentralisation in Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) Lebanon is launching a social media advocacy campaign on decentralisation issues as part of the project “An Agenda for Decentralisation—Local Governance in Lebanon”. The objective of the campaign is to generate discussion and debate through framing the debate and re-focusing attention on decentralisation in Lebanon. DRI is seeking an Animated Video Company to produce two to three animated videos to be used during the social media campaign and other advocacy related activities. The Company will work under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and DRI’s Communications and Research Officer. The animation videos will be focused on breaking down decentralisation as a concept in a way that makes it understandable for the general public, whilst focusing on the sectors of interest: Solid Waste Management, Municipal Police and Public Safety, Communications and Transparency. The overall goal is to create an informative video which highlights the meaning, significance, and added value of decentralisation in the day-to-day lives of Lebanese citizens as a framework for better public service provision.
Contract Duration & Total Contract Value:
DRI will sign a service contract with the selected bidder. The service contract will start from the date of award of contract till 31 December 2017.
The deadline for submission of the proposal is 27 September 2017. Please submit your proposal on an official letter head tailored for your firm with the name, signature and stamp of the concerned representative. Bidders can submit signed and scanned proposal via email.
Email: [email protected]
Contents of this Tender Document:
The document consists of the annexes indicated below, and should be read in conjunction with any Addendum that may be issued by Democracy Reporting International.
Annex I: Terms of Reference
Annex II: Proposer Information Form
Annex III: Sequence of Technical & Financial Proposal Submission
Annex IV: Technical and Financial Evaluation Form
The submission for this tender document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise. DRI may cancel the tender, any time, without assigning any reason.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Submitted Offers/Price Proposal shall be in the English language;
- The contract will be awarded on best value for money basis;
- The entire evaluation procedure is confidential;
- The successful bidder will be informed in writing that its tender has been accepted.
Annex – I: Terms of Reference
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
With funding from the German Foreign Office, DRI Lebanon is implementing a project called “An Agenda for Decentralisation—Local Governance in Lebanon”. The purpose of the project is to frame the debate and re-focus the attention on decentralisation in Lebanon.
In the first half of the 12-month project, DRI facilitated a consortium of four Lebanese organisations determined to set an agenda for decentralisation in Lebanon. Building on a country-wide assessment of municipal federations/unions, and based on a comprehensive communication strategy, an in-depth survey was conducted in 66% of Lebanon’s municipal federations/unions tackling the following sectors: Solid Waste Management, Municipal Police and Public Safety, and Transparency and Communication. Following the drafting of the preliminary results, four consecutive consultation sessions took place in Tripoli, Tyre, Zahlé and Beirut with the heads and members of Municipal Unions, decentralisation experts and activists. Building on the survey and consultation session, DRI Lebanon has just entered the second phase of the project, namely the advocacy and awareness-raising phase.
In this context, DRI is seeking an Animated Video Company to produce two to three animated videos to inform the Lebanese public on decentralisation issues as part of the social media campaign and other advocacy related activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Write a script in Arabic for two to three animated videos that do not exceed one minute in time, explaining topics related to decentralisation as advised by the Project Coordinator and the Communications and Research Officer;
- Develop and produce the animated videos including all post production work including voice over, English subtitles, music and effects;
- Integration of infographics already developed by DRI Lebanon’s Data Visualisation freelancer;
- Review all documents and research material prepared by DRI Lebanon (e.g. Briefing Papers, Fact Sheets…etc.) for a complete understanding of the project, its significance, and its objectives;
- Prepare and incorporate subtitles for the videos in the English language;
- Where needed, research and incorporate additional materials to strengthen the information in the video;
- Produce high-quality version of visuals and/or infographics, presentation, and scripted video with convenient background music that goes in line with the messaging. This includes high quality version of videos including HD, AVI, and MP4;
- In addition to the soft version, DRI Lebanon requires a high quality hard-copy (DVD) of the finalised and approved version of the said videos. This should include any other appropriate format that would make videos eligible for upload to DRI’s official website and social media platforms;
- DRI Lebanon expects the delivery of videos in a timely manner.
The Company will work under the supervision of the Country Representative with close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the Communications and Research Officer. All draft material should be provided in due time as these will be shared with DRI Country Representative and DRI’s Executive Director for review and validation.
- Lebanese company with specialisation in video animation and script writing;
- Moderate to high familiarity with the NGO sector work and sufficient political knowledge/background. Knowledge of local governance, democratisation and decentralisation is a strong asset;
- Proven film-making, production and post-production abilities;
- Advanced knowledge of video production as well as social media content tailored for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Fluency in both English and Arabic language;
- Led by individuals who either have an advanced degree in Media and Communications/ Film-Making or have sufficient (5 to 10 years) experience as an alternative.
Deliverables & Payment Schedule:
|S#||Deliverables||Deadline||% of Payment|
|1.||Submission of a detailed script/ storyboard for the animated videos on the assigned topics;||Within a maximum of a week and a half of contract signature.||20% of Total Contract Amount|
|2.||Submission of the first draft of two animated videos as per assigned topic;||Five weeks after the contract signature date.||30% of Total Contract Amount|
|3.||Submission of the final version of the animated videos incorporating comments and feedback received. This should include all post production work including voice over, subtitles, music and effects and other details to be agreed upon.||Third Week of November 2017.||50% of Total Contract Amount|
Note: All payments are subject to submission of original invoice. Any changes in the timeline are subject to approval by DRI.
The videos will pass to the exclusive ownership of Democracy Reporting International (DRI) including all use and distribution rights connected to them.
*** End ***
Annex II – Proposer Information Form
(Note: Please complete this section in full)
About the Company/Firm/Details Group of Experts:
|Company/Firm’s Registered Name/List of Experts:|
|Trading Name (If applicable):|
|Company Address with telephone / email:|
|Proposer’s Authorised Representative:
(Name/Designation/ Address/ Tel/Cell, Fax/ Email)
|Branch Offices/address (if any):|
|Total years of experience in Media / Film-making industry:|
|Official Banking Details:
Annex III – Sequence of Technical & Financial Proposal Submission
|1.||Organisational/Expert Profile, total years of relevant experience in the media field since inception of business operations|
|2.||A one-page narrative on methodology for production of animation [storyboard and materials that follow]|
|3.||Submission of Firm/Expert(s) Profile (Brief) of each of the following:
· CEO/Senior Management;
· Script writer;
|4.||Letter of appreciations/recommendation from previous clients with complete references with contacts (authorised representative of the Company/ firm, telephone, fax, email) (DRI may contact for reference check)|
|5.||A sample sketch animation video.|
|6.||Detailed Financial Proposal.|
Annex IV – Technical & Financial Evaluation Form
|S#||Description of Technical/ Financial Evaluation||Max Marks||Obtained|
|TECHNICAL EVALUATION PART (60 Marks):|
|1.||Expert Profile i.e. cumulative years of relevant experience in the media field since business start-off and commence of projects.
(1 mark per year, max marks for 10 years plus experience)
|2.||A one-page text explaining methodology used for production||10|
|3.||Submission of Company’s Expert Profile (Brief):
CEO / Senior Management;
|4.||Provide letters of appreciation/recommendation from other Clients with complete references with contacts (authorized representative of the Company/ firm, telephone, fax, email) (DRI may contact for reference check)
(1 mark for each letter, maximum 5 marks)
|5.||A sample sketch animation||20|
|FINANCIAL EVALUATION PART (40 Marks):|
|6.||Marks Obtained on Price Quoted in Section:
Marks Allocation Formula:
Lowest Financial Proposal/ Proposal Under Review x 100 =
The lowest will get full 40 marks and the rest will get proportionate marks as per their financial offer in relation to the lowest bid submitted;