Title: Project Officer (full-time)
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: until May 2020, with possibility of extension
Brief description of programme: Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
Since September 2014, DRI monitors the key reform developments in Ukraine and works with the civil society, activists’ groups, students, and lecturers throughout Ukraine to improve their long-term capacities to engage in productive, well-informed dialogue and advocacy for reforms.
We are currently looking for a Project Officer who will support the project implementation.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, you will support all aspects of project implementation. More specifically, you will:
- Contribute to all phases of project implementation in accordance with donor requirements and DRI policies and procedures;
- Lead on designated project activities, including development of concept notes and agendas, coordination with local partner organisation and institutions, and organisation of activities in coordinating with the project team;
- Act as trainer at project activities, if required;
- Represent DRI at relevant events;
- Track political and legal developments in Ukraine and contribute to project implementation and development as well as budget planning;
- Carry out research and analysis on project-relevant trends and issues, if required;
- Support production of DRI publications and reports, including internal reporting;
- Maintain and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan for the project; prepare and review feedback forms and track project outputs;
- Contribute to DRI outreach and visibility in coordination with the Project Manager;
- Support project team in mainstreaming gender in project activities;
- Perform other duties, as required for successful project implementation.
Your education and experience:
- University degree in political science, law, international relations or related field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in a similar role with an NGO, think-tank or international organisation;
- Experience in project management, including management of work-plans, working with monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Solid understanding of political and legal developments in Ukraine; specialisation in one of the following areas is a strong asset: local governance, public administration, political education, constitutional processes;
- Ability to analyse and synthesise information from different sources into coherent and brief reports;
- Previous experience as trainer on project related topics is a strong asset;
- High attention to detail; ability to work under limited supervision and pro-active attitude is a must;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian (spoken and written);
- Proficient IT skills.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, examples of your publications/legal writing) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Officer” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 26 November 2019. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10