Form of Employment: Short-term consultancy
Position Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Reporting lines: Country Representative Myanmar, with day-by-day coordination by the Programme Coordinator
Contract Period: 28 December 2018 – 30 April 2018
Estimated days: 15 working days, with the possibility of extension to maximum 25 days cover and
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide. This project aims at providing technical support to various stakeholders on pluralism, freedom of religion and rights of vulnerable groups in Myanmar.
Duties and responsibilities
The Senior Constitutional and Human Rights Expert develop a publication on pluralism and diversity with a maximum of 30 pages in written in clear language targeting non-expert audience.
The Senior Constitutional and Human Rights Expert will be expected to:
- Hold an initial call with DRI team and discuss the background of the project and the three main pillars of the publication
- Develop a detailed outline for the publication
- Incorporate DRI feedback on the outline
- Draft the publication
- Be available for a potential visit to Myanmar to launch the publication
- Advanced university degree (Master’s, or Ph.D) in law, political science, or a related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in democracy support with a focus on human rights and constitution-making processes and subject matter expertise in any of the following areas: the right to self-determination, freedom of religion and belief, minority rights, sub-national constitutions (in a federal framework);
- Experience in drafting publications targeting diverse sets of audience and relevant track record on research on pluralism, minority rights and freedom of religion;
- Working experience in/on Myanmar or in the region will be considered an asset;
- Excellent command of English is required.
Deadline for applications is 23 December 2018.
Candidates are requested to submit a CV to email@example.com with ‘Senior Constitutional and Human Rights Expert’ in the subject line.
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply!