Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is establishing a roster of translators for assignments at short notice as part of the re:constitution project. We are looking for professional translators with experience in at least one of the following language combinations:
- Romanian to English
- English to Romanian
- Polish to English
- English to Polish
- Hungarian to English
- English to Hungarian
- Italian to English
- English to Italian
Task and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Communications Coordinator or his representative, the translators will be hired (working remotely) for short-term assignments related to DRI project content, in particular:
- Translating and proof-reading briefing papers, Op-Eds, infographics, articles, etc. in line with the DRI style guide.
- Proofing the final layout version of publications.
Qualifications and experience:
- Professional translator with at least two years of directly relevant work experience.
- University degree in linguistics, translation or other relevant fields;
- Proven experience in translating materials related to political and legal developments in the EU member states;
- General understanding of EU topics.
How to apply:
If you are interested to be considered for short-term assignments please send us your CV and, if possible, examples of your work as well as your rate (per word/page) to email@example.com for registration in our database. Please include the title of the email your name and “translator”.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Applying to the roster by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10