Position Title: Security Expert (f/m) – Lebanon
Form of Employment: Short-term assignment (training and desk work)
Starting Date: May 2017
Duration: Up to 5 working days
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a Security Expert (f/m) for its country office in Lebanon. In collaboration with, and under supervision of DRI’s Security Focal Point and the Lebanon Country Representative you will check, and if necessary, amend DRI Lebanon’s security-relevant documents policies and hold a security awareness and response training for DRI Lebanon staff (5 staff members).
Your duties and responsibilities
- In cooperation with the DRI Lebanon staff, discuss and amend the following security relevant documents and policies:
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Security Policy
- Travel Policy
- Hold a 2-day training/workshop on security awareness and response including the following:
- Situational Awareness
- First Aid
- Emergency Preparedness
- Travel Security
- Crisis Prevention and Recovery
- Reaction in Hostage Situation (tbd with trainer)
- Office Evacuation Scenarios and Exfiltration Routes (tbd with trainer)
- Other relevant duties as may be required
Qualifications we require:
- At least 5 years of work experience in consulting international organisations in at-risk countries on security issues
- At least 5 years of experience as a trainer
- Familiarity with the Lebanese context
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic is a strong asset
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, and security document or policy samples you have drafted) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Security Expert (f/m) – Lebanon” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30 April 2017. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.