Consultant to Design & Implement an Organisation-wide Sharepoint-based Communication & Knowledge Platform
1. About Democracy Reporting International
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a nonpartisan, independent, international not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin, Germany, which promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
2. Description of the services required
There are around 60 employees working for DRI at currently six locations worldwide (so-called country offices; around 25 employees working at the HQ in Berlin). Currently, DRI is in a process of organisational development with the overriding goal of professionalising various aspects of our work. As part of this process, we have identified the need for a central web-based internal platform for knowledge management and communication. The goal is to implement SharePoint as a central collaboration, communication and knowledge storage platform across the organisation (especially across all global locations) and in the execution of projects. As a non-profit organisation we were able to purchase Office 365 Non-Profit Business Premium licenses at a reduced price, so we plan to make use of MS SharePoint 2016 to develop this platform.
The platform should include the following main areas / functions:
1. Data management/Document management
A central platform for creating, editing, filing and locating documents including versioning, accessible to all employees worldwide.
2. Search function
Ability to easily search the platform for data and information such as documents according to pre-defined criteria (e.g. document type, date, author, etc..).
Compile and safety store relevant internal information for all employees; share news and updates in the form of articles / blogs, surveys (replacing Slack); save policies, training videos etc. and to build up an organisational knowledge wiki.
4. Team and project areas
Host team/ project sub-sites for better cooperation; store all project-related information and support project managers in their daily (project) work.
It should also be noted that our organisation has locations in countries where the internet infrastructure is sometimes weak, which needs to be taken into consideration. Only staff members of DRI require access to the platform (no Extranet). We expect that SharePoint in its standard version serves our purposes well, and that the tailoring we require is the disenabling of functions so that it is more user-friendly (nothing additional to be developed). No other software/system needs to be
integrated in SharePoint; DRI mainly uses Excel lists and other MS Office tools. The training of the multipliers will be done in-house by the DRI-Administrators.
3. Tasks of the Consultant
– Consultation on the integration possibilities of various other processes / functions in SharePoint: Other MS Office applications (eg Outlook calendar), HR management, project management and knowledge management;
– Kick-off workshop to analyse the requirements of DRI regarding SharePoint (initial workshop);
– Advice on best operating form of Sharepoint (public, private, hybrid) to be used. Ensure that SharePoint and the general IT infrastructure work well together;
– Advice on data privacy and authorization concepts in SharePoint;
– Based on the identified requirements, develop a proposal for a tailoring of SharePoint (Information architecture, design etc.) to DRI’s needs;
– Once proposal is approved: develop and customize DRI SharePoint-based platform accordingly; documentation thereof;
– Training of Administrators.
4. Requirements of the Consultant
– Completed degree in Business Informatics, Informatics, Business Administration or comparable training;
– Min. 4 years professional experience in the field of organisational and process consulting, ideally in the non-profit area as well as in an international context;
– High level of expertise (especially in the architecture and technical functioning) as well as experience with consulting and project experience in Microsoft SharePoint, ideally MS SharePoint 2016; – Sound knowledge in the planning and implementation of organisation platform for data management and communication with Microsoft SharePoint; ideally MS SharePoint 2016 (Appointment of at least 2 reference projects);
– MCSE SharePoint 2016 certification is an asset;
– Excellent knowledge of English (written and oral);
– Strong ability to consult the client on important steps and to include feedback and requests in the work process.
5. Place of performance
Home-based, with at least 2 working days in Berlin; 1 for Consultation on the integration possibilities of other processes / functions and 1 for the Kick-off workshop at the beginning of the project.
6. Contract period July until approximately October/November 2018.
7. Financial proposal
Based on the specification of services, a calculation is to be made for the workdays that are expected to be required. After the initial workshop, a final adjustment can be made.
8. How to apply
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should submit their applications including:
1. CV of the offered employee(s) for the project and supporting documents (e.g. certifications);
2. Completed Annex I financial proposal;*
3. Completed Annex II references;*. We invite applications from companies, individual consultants as well as small teams of consultants.
Closing date for applications: 22nd July 2018 (23:59 CEST). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
9. Additional information
Submitting an offer implies acceptance by the tenderer of all terms and conditions of this document and its annexes.
*Annexes will be uploaded soon.