Democracy Reporting International office in Tunisia is organising a training for the staff members with the goal to increase staff performance and communication capacities.
Expected output of the assignment
The assignment is to organise a Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) course with some elements of training on communication skills.
The course is expected to help DRI Tunisia utilise the natural strengths of individual staff members. It will also improve teamwork, help employees to understand and adapt to different leadership and management styles, and enhance effective communication between supervisors, peers, employees and projects partners. In addition, this course will strengthen career development, individual coaching, recognition of employees’ unique contributions, and conflict resolution at DRI Tunisia. Finally, it will develop skills such as creativity, time management and stress management.
Tasks and deliverables of the consultant
The consultant will prepare and deliver in French a two-day MBTI course for 10 persons.
The exact content will be agreed upon between the consultant and DRI. In general, the content will include sessions on MBTI methods and communication skills. For example:
- Developing leadership potential. The MBTI helps managers assess their strengths, their preferred style of solving problems and how their style relates to other people’s style.
- Developing effective teams. Using the MBTI, teams can evaluate their strengths and clarify biases in their working practices.
- Managing change. Building awareness of different reactions can help managers and organisations support their staff and themselves through the stresses of organisational change.
- Problem-solving. The MBTI gives an insight into potential strengths and blind spots in problem solving and can as such allow individuals and groups to improve the breadth and depth of their analyses.
- The MBTI is very helpful in building self-esteem as it explicitly emphasises the positive contribution that each type of personality can make.
- Improving training methods. The MBTI can be used to analyse and improve training and learning methods. It provides a framework for understanding differences in learning styles, and hence for creating learning situations that will appeal to different types.
As for communication skills, this training will provide best practice tools and techniques to achieve the following objectives:
- Build collaborative relationships that emphasise trust and respect.
- Achieve results in communications with others.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and counterparts using simple, concise and direct language.
- Enhance active listening skills to anticipate and avoid common misunderstandings.
- Foster cross-cultural understanding in your workplace.
- Eliminate the roadblocks that undermine your ability to communicate effectively.
Particular tasks will include
- Submission of tentative workshop plan.
- Submission of final plan incorporating comments from DRI.
- Submission of any documentation used in the workshop for the future use of DRI project implementation.
- Submission of a final training report including a description of activities undertaken, an evaluation by participants, an indication of future staff development/training needs.
- MBTI and communications skills two-day course.
- Course materials.
Duration and place of the assignment
Duration of the training: two days in Tunis, Tunisia. Fees for home-based work days to be covered.
Training dates: 16 – 17 February 2017
Qualifications and competences
- University degree in a relevant subject.
- The trainer must be a certified The Myers Briggs Type Indicator professional.
- At least 10 years of experience in trainig on MBTI and/or project management and commnication skills including courses delivered in French.
- Previous experience working in the Arab region including Tunisia.
- NGO/International organisations experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Capable of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Developed teaching skills.
- Fluency in French.
For interested applicants, please send your CV to [email protected] with “MBTI Expert” as the subject heading.
Closing date for applications: 5 February 2017.
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline and only the selected candidate will be contacted.