Form of Employment: Part-time (max. 20h/week). Ideally the assistant would spread these hours over the course of 4 days per work week.
Starting Date: 11 June 2018
Duration: Three months, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a part-time student assistant (f/m) for its head office in Berlin. In collaboration with the Junior Programme Officer for Global Projects, and under supervision of the Director of Programmes you will support the Programme Unit in programme cycle management, service contracts and fundraising.
- Prepare relevant documentation for service contract tenders;
- Support the team in all aspects of project management;
- Support the organisation and implementation of missions, workshops and DRI events in Berlin and in-country;
- Assist in expert management (recruitment, documentation, contracting, etc);
- Contribute to writing and editing of project proposals, news stories, reports and briefing papers and translate documents;
- Occasionally conduct research on current and political affairs;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- Academic background in law, political science or other relevant/related fields;
- Initial experience of working on grants or contracts an asset;
- Work experience in an office setting, ideally for an NGO;
- IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet;
- Strong attention to detail, diligence and reliability;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of French and/or German is an asset;
- Student status; you must be enrolled in university throughout the whole duration of the employment;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include “Service Contracts Student Assistant 2018” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 23 May 2018 (23:59 Berlin time). The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.