Position Title: Student Assistant (Finance & Administration)
Form of Employment: Part-time (max. 20h/week). Ideally the assistant would spread these hours over the course of 4 days per work week.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Six month, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a Student Assistant for its head office in Berlin. In collaboration with the Project Finance Officers, and under supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration you will support the Finance Unit in project financial management, financial controlling and donor reporting.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in checking of internal financial reports;
- Assist in reconciliation of bookkeeping records;
- Participate in the preparation of donor reports;
- Assist in checking of travel expense reports;
- Assist in maintaining files and other resources;
- Support the office organisation;
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications we require:
- Academic background in finances, accounting, business administration or other management related fields;
- IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet;
- Initial experience of working on grants or contracts is an asset;
- Work experience in an office setting, ideally for an NGO;
- Strong attention to detail, diligence and reliability;
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German, knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset;
- Student status; you must be enrolled in university throughout the whole duration of the employment;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include “Finance & Admin Student Assistant 2018” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 8 July 2018 (23:59 Berlin time). The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.