Form of Employment: Full-time position
Starting Date: 1 March 2019
Duration: 22 months (until 31 December 2020)
Location: Islamabad / Pakistan, with possible travel to the provinces
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI Pakistan is implementing a democracy support programme aiming to support Pakistan‚Äôs state institutions, National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) and civil society to formulate, implement and advocate for priority human rights, good governance and electoral reforms.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time employee for the position of Programme Officer Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for its country office in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of DRI‚Äôs Country Representative and in close coordination with other team members and DRI HQ‚Äôs MEL Focal Point:
(A) Project MEL Responsibilities:
- Develop a M&E framework for DRI‚Äôs project(s) with the aim to assess and make visible DRI‚Äôs impact in Pakistan as well as to feed into organisational learning and development;
- Co-lead on the implementation of MEL project check-in points including proposal design workshops, project kick-off workshops, mid-term reviews, final evaluations, lessons learned, reporting;
- Develop, pilot, implement, and periodically revise M&E data collection and project tools such as Work Plan/M&E Plan along with an Indicators Tracker as well as baselines, pre-/ post-tests, feedback forms, interviews etc.;
- Ensure ongoing accurate data collection against DRI standards and storing of M&E data collected during the project, also by liaising and coordinating with DRI‚Äôs Provincial Coordinators located in Pakistan‚Äôs four provinces;
- Coordinate the recruitment of external MEL experts such as for final evaluations.
(B) Project Delivery Backstopping:
- Supporting in developing activity concept notes and/or follow-up technical work with DRI colleagues or project partners;
- Provide support in delivering key activities while working with senior experts or the Country Representative.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
(C) Technical MEL Programming Support:
- Provide internal capacity building on MEL for DRI project colleagues as well as DRI‚Äôs project partners;
- Draft and exchange lessons learned with MEL Focal Points across the organisation to promote learning and knowledge exchange, including delivery of in-house sessions as and when needed;
- Provide strategic advice to the Country Representative and HQ MEL Focal Point on design and implementation of the project framework and activities to prominently position DRI in the democracy support community in Pakistan and globally;
- Coordinate with DRI colleagues locally and in HQ for country and global reporting, communication and fundraising purposes;
- Advise DRI‚Äôs finance unit on MEL budgeting.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in social science, international development, or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of work experience in the international development sector and/or policy related work in a MEL/ programme management capacity;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing M&E frameworks and tools;
- Understanding of challenges of doing MEL in democracy support programming is an asset;
- Proficient IT skills, able to create templates in word and do tabulations in excel;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team and under pressure;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply! Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include ‚ÄúPakistan ‚Äď Programme Officer Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)‚ÄĚ in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 4 January 2019. This position is contingent upon funding.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10