Form of Employment: Short term consultancy
Position Location: Yangon
Reporting lines: Country Representative Myanmar
Contract Period: 18th Feb 2019 – 29th March 2019
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
As part of the EU funded project “STEP II”, DRI is conducting the women empowerment training program which is focused on women candidates who will be contesting in 2019 Yangon City Development Committee Election.
DRI is currently recruiting a training expert to develop the relevant training curriculum and training materials for women candidates at the municipal level and to deliver the election-focus training to support women candidates so that they can contest efficiently and effectively in the election.
To develop or tailor make a training program/ curriculum for the proposed training modules and key training material.
The Expert will develop or tailor make a training program/curriculum for the proposed training modules and key training material focused on women candidates at the municipal level and deliver the election-focus training to support women candidates who will be contesting in upcoming 2019 March Yangon City Development Committee Election.
The training should focus on at least 4 main components:
- Campaign strategies and basic tools for developing these strategies under limitation
- Voter Targeting
- Effective Media Communication
- Legal knowledge on Yangon City Development Committee Election
The training should include the skills that will help participants to contest in the election as candidates more efficiently. A participatory and trainee-centered approach should be employed. Trainers should try to avoid long theoretical sessions but use skill-based training methodology. The training should combine with practical exercises – including simulation and role play – through which participants can directly practice the knowledge learnt from the expert.
- University degree – Masters or Ph.D – in gender studies, political science;
- At least 5 years relevant and professional experience including extensive knowledge and training communication with regard to women participation in politics and for the women candidates at the municipal level;
- Proven and extensive experience in the development of training curricula and materials.
- Good understanding of Myanmar on-going political current framework and Yangon City Development Committee law (2018) will be considered as an asset;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Sensitivity to country political, gender and cultural balance;
- A high standard of professionalism.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by 15th Feb 2018. Shortlisted candidates might be contacted before the deadline.